OLMEC pumps are used to supply pressurized oil, emulsion or water circuits, and hydraulic users operating in on-off mode.
These pumps operate with reciprocating motion, single-acting or double-acting, powered by a pneumatic control valve which stops when the maximum hydraulic pressure is reached, maintaining the pressure in the circuit without further air consumption. If the hydraulic pressure drops, the pump is automatically restarted to restore the preset hydraulic conditions.
The most common elds of application are:
- hydraulic tests on seals and resistance with oil or water;
- supply of cylinders for clamping, assembly and maintenance equipment
- fixed or mobile emergency work units;oil or grease lubrication systems;
- all environments with explosion risk;
- laboratory testing;
In order to ensure that the pumps give satisfactory service users are advised to follow the instructions in the user manuals which are always supplied, and to bear in mind a few fundamental rules:
- air supply line from diameter 6 to diameter 12, depending on pump model;
- FR+L unit of suitable ow-rate is always required; – oil temperature 0°C + 40°C;
- ambient temperature +5°C + 40°C;
- hydraulic fluid viscosity 3°E / 50°C – ISO 32 / 46.
In case of prolonged operation in environments with low temperature, ice may form on the air exhaust silencer; prevent this by adding antifreeze for pneumatic tools to the oil-mist lubricator.
For applications outside the hydraulic sector, such as water, solvents, corrosive substances etc., please contact us so that we can prepare the units for the specific product to be handled.