OLMEC air-oil boosters with single-acting or double-acting operation can be used as a pressure generator only on single-acting circuits. The cylinder volume should utilise the working only up to 70-75% so as to have some reserve left.
Air-oil boosters are liable to release the effective oil volume, it’s suggest to use very quickly within 1 second. The oil speed depends only on the volume ow of the compressed air. This may cause malfunctions in clamping elements where the maximum volume ow is limited (swing clamps, work supports). In those cases a ow control valve must be provided on the oil side.
In order to ensure that the boosters give satisfactory service users are advised to follow the instructions in the user manuals which are always supplied, and to bear in mind a few fundamental rules:
- air supply line from diameter 6 to diameter 12, depending on booster model;
- use of pneumatic quick discharges to improve the speed of return cycles in the case of very high frequency;
- FR+L unit of suitable ow-rate is always required; - oil temperature 0°C + 40°C;
- ambient temperature +5°C + 40°C;
- hydraulic uid viscosity 3°E / 50°C - ISO 32 / 46.